Kinderstart/Kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year:
Online Registration for Kindergarten for September 2021 (Kinderstart for September 2020) will begin in May 2020 for both the English and Early French Immersion programs, as per the dates below. The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District is using an online registration process for the English Kindergarten and Early French Immersion Kindergarten programs. Children must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2021 in order to register.
Specific information on registration times will be posted via a link from the School District’s webpage, www.nlesd.ca. Early French Immersion Kindergarten registration takes place on a first-come basis and applications will be dated and time-stamped upon submission of the online application form.
You will need the following in order to complete an online application:
- An MCP number including expiration date;
- An email address in order to receive confirmation of receipt of your application;
- Phone contact number and an emergency contact phone number; and,
- Any internet-ready device.
To complete the registration process proof of address must be provided in person at Topsail Elementary by May 31st. Items such as MCP, Birth Certificate and current proof of address (other than Drivers Licence) i.e., government issued ID must be given during this time.
- Any parent/guardian requiring Internet access or technical support may visit us during registration times for assistance.
- Please contact us to arrange assistance during the registration process.
- French Immersion is a program designed for non-francophone children. The District reserves the right to make the final decision regarding student acceptance and placement.